From 16-18 of March the International conference of medical and biological engineering was held in Sarajevo (CMBEBIH 2017) in which students of Genetics and Bioengineering had participated actively.
From 16-18 of March the International conference of medical and biological engineering was held in Sarajevo (CMBEBIH 2017). This is one of the biggest conferences of this type in southeast Europe.
The conference was recognize by relevant scientific and technical international institutions which directly presents the quality of the conference. The international federation for medical and biological engineering (IFMBE), as the base of the body of national societies for medical and biological engineering, for the second year has given its support to the organization of the conference.
Students of our Department have shown that they acquired the knowledge and skills of organizing a worldwide event. The organizing committee contained 18 members, with even 10 of them being a student from the department of Genetics and Bioengineering which were: Ahmed Osmanović, Alma Jakupović, Sabahudin Ćordić, Sabina Halilović, Berina Alić, Zerina Đozić, Fatima Mrkulić, Hana Šahinbegović, Layla Abd Elilah i Lemana Spahić.
Aside from the organization itself, students of genetics and bioengineering have participated in the scientific and entrepreneurial part of the conference. Namely, within the scientific part of the conference, students from our department have represented 14 scientific papers:
- Abdel-Ilah L, Sahinbegovic H. - Using machine learning tool in classification of breast cancer
- Busatlic E, Osmanovic A, Jakupovic A, Nuhic J, Hodzic A. - Using Neural Networks and Ensemble Techniques based on Decision Trees for Skin Permeability Prediction
- Avdihodzic H, Redzovic Z, Halilovic S. - Application of Artificial Neural Network in modelling of photo-degradation suspension of manganese doped zinc oxide nanoparticles under visible-light irradiation
- Fojnica A, Osmanovic A, Tarakcija Dz, Demirovic S. - Quantification of protein concentration adsorbed on gold nanoparticles using Artificial Neural Network
- Omanovic-Miklicanin E, Husremovic T, Jakupovic A, Omerbasic A. - Application of biological surface adsorption index approach (BSAI) in characterization of interactions between gold nanoparticles and biomolecules
- Doric A, Mulaomerovic Dz, Fojnica A, Alispahic B, Halilovic S, Omanovic-Miklicanin E. - Development of the method for quantification of amino acid adsorbed on nanoparticle surface
- Gene clustering using Gene expression data and Self-Organizing Map (SOM) Authors: Keskic L, Hodzic J, Alispahic B.
- Artificial Neural Network: Gas recognition Authors: Keskic L, Hodzic J, Alispahic B.
- Osmanovic A, Abdel-Ilah L, Hodzic A, Kevric J, Fojnica A. - Ovary Cancer Detection using Decision Tree Classifiers based on Historical Data of Ovary Cancer Patients
- Alic B, Gurbeta L, Badnjevic A, Badnjevic-Cengic A, Malenica M, Dujic T, Causevic A, Bego T. - Classification of Metabolic Syndrome Patients Using Implemented Expert System
- Badnjevic A, Gurbeta L, Cifrek M, Pecchia L. - Pre-classification process symptom questionnaire based on fuzzy logic for pulmonary function test cost reduction
- Avdihodzic H, Halilovic S, Hasicic M, Bilic D. - Micro cell culture analog Apparatus (µCCA) output prediction using artificial neural networks on a microcontroller based framework
- Sejdinovic D, Gurbeta L, Badnjevic A, Malenica M, Dujic T, Causevic A, Bego T. -Classification of Prediabetes and Type 2 Diabetes using Artificial Neural Network
- Konakli H, Balkaya H.E, Ozcoban I, Dogan S. - A Dissimilar Approach to Associating Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Polymorphisms
Aside from the scientific part of the conference, CMBEBIH has enabled professors and students to represent innovations from the field of biomedical engineering, which they would together with the Youth Employment Project (YEP) converted into successful start-ups, and 9 innovative ideas were represented. And in this section, our students have shown how ambitious and creative they are, therefore 6 out of 9 ideas were represented.